One of my favorite U-Pick farms announced yesterday that their strawberries will be ready on June 22. It’s about time we get some fresh fruit around here again!
I only have 1 1/2 pints of frozen strawberries and a few jars of strawberry red wine jam left from last summer, so apparently I preserved just the right amount. It is too bad I didn’t keep better records of exactly how much I preserved last year, though– it will make this harder to replicate!
2013 Savvy Preserving goal: keep better track of what I freeze and can.
I’m already thinking about what I’m going to do with all my strawberries this year. Some of my old favorites will definitely be returning, but I’m also hoping to come up with some fun new ways to use my berries, too. Here are 13 places I might start:
- Fresh Strawberry & Lime Tom Collins (Cookin’ Canuck)
- Fresh Strawberry Mint Lemonade (How Sweet It Is)
- Neopolitan Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry & Chocolate Marble Loaf (A Cozy Kitchen)
- Strawberry & Cream Scones
- Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas (What’s Gaby Cooking?)
- Strawberry Mint Salad
- Strawberry Truffle Pie (Bakers Royale)
- Frozen Strawberries
- Small Batch Strawberry Vanilla Jam (Food in Jars)
- Strawberry Red Wine Jam
- Strawberry Vinegar (Bon Appetit)
- Strawberry Vodka