As promised, here is the recipe for those delicious pumpkin brownies I made last night. They paired wonderfully with a warm glass of Hallowine.
These brownies are rich, so just a small piece will likely satisfy you. The pumpkin and cinnamon add a creamy, festive flavor.
Without further ado….
(Almost Vegan) Pumpkin Fudge Brownies
- 1/3 c. no-sugar-added applesauce
- 2/3 c. flour
- 1/4 c. honey. To make it vegan, replace with granulated sugar or brown rice syrup.
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. cocoa. I used 2/3 Dutch process cocoa powder, and 1/3 regular cocoa powder.
- Chocolate “chips.” I used chopped Candy Cane Kisses to give the brownies a festive color. Use non-dairy chocolate or carob chips for a vegan recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all wet ingredients together.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir until well-blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into a greased pan, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Look at that delicious-ness. Who would guess that such a rich and fudgy brownie was so easy to make?