We learned a few very important things this weekend:
1. When removing wallpaper, a mixture of 1/3 cup white vinegar and 3 2/3 cups water speeds the process up approximately 8-fold.
2. Painting sample color swatches on the wall is a very important step in the paint selection process. The mustard yellow we were 80% sure we were going to use in the dining room? Not a good look on our walls, especially compared to the richer and warmer gold we also tested.
3. The new Coldstone is open 24 hours. When we saw that on our way home from the hardware store, we couldn’t figure out who would be going there in the middle of the night. The answer? People who are anxiously awaiting news on their dog’s emergency surgery who can’t sleep and need some comfort food fast.
4. Having a great emergency vet hospital nearby is a wonderful thing.
5. When you need an easy, tasty and nutritious meal, “fried” rice is the way to go.