Blogger Secret Ingredient, Week 55!
I’ve loved participating in BSI the past two weeks, so I am pumped to be hosting this week’s competition! For those who don’t know (or just need a refresher!), here’s how it works:
Each week, a new host picks an ingredient and anyone (food blogger or not) can submit a recipe.
- The host picks an ingredient, preferably one that is in season, readily available, and not too expensive;
- The host links back to all the other previous weekly hosts;
- Participants create a unique recipe using the BSI and e-mail the host with their recipes.
- You do not have to have a food blog to participate, and you do not have to submit a photograph (although it is preferred).
- if you don’t have a blog, you can submit your recipe to the host, and she will post your recipe for you on her blog.
- The host reviews the recipe submissions by Sunday night of each week;
- The hosts pick a recipe that is her favorite; and
- The host post the winner Monday morning and sends the winner a token prize of her choosing.
Be sure to check out the history of BSI as it is quite extensive!
Week 54: Sound Eats – Dried Fruit
Week 53: MegaNerdRuns – Acorn Squash
Week 52: Healthy Tipping Point – Pancake Mix
Week 51: Live, Laugh Eat - Almond Butter
Week 50: Balance, Joy and Delicias! – Cauliflower
Week 49: Healthy San Diego Living – Chickpeas
Week 48: Thought 4 Food – Yogurt
Week 47: London Foodie in New York – Chocolate
Week 46: Johnstone’s Vin Blanc – Oats
Week 45: Guilty Kitchen – Figs
Week 44: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet – Peanut Butter
Week 43: The Sophisticated Gourmet – Brown Sugar
Week 42: My Kitchen Addiction – Lime
Week 41: Nutmeg Nanny – Coffee
Week 40: Chaya’s Comfy Cook – Broccoli
Week 39: Healthy Delicious – Plums
Week 38: Zoe – Feta
Week 37: ChezWhat- Potatoes
Week 36: Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice – Blueberries
Week 35: Girlichef -Greens
Week 34: The Ungourmet – Watermelon
Week 33: Bread + Butter – Bell Pepper
Week 32: Burp and Slurp -Corn
Week 31: Say Yes to Salad – Kabocha
Week 31 1/2: Simply Fabulous Now – Cherries
Week 30: Thinspired – Bananas
Week 29: To Be The Whole Package – Almonds
Week 28: Kristas Kravings – Lemon
Week 27: From French Fries To Flax Seeds – Coconut
Week 26: Plentiful Plants – Avocado
Week 25: Training Fuel – Eggs
Week 24: Dinner at Christina’s – Cabbage
Week 23: Hey What’s for Dinner, Mom? – Strawberries
Week 22: One Bite at a Time – Basil
Week 21: Just Sweet Enough – Black Beans
Week 20: What I Ate Yesterday – Kale
Week 19: What’s for Dinner – Orange
Week 18: BranAppetit! –Spinach
Week 17: Tales of Expansion Dates
Week 16: Biggest Diabetic Loser – Zucchini
Week 15: Sweet & Natural –Peppermint
Week 14: bella eats [and runs] – Ginger
Week 13: Coffee Talk – Walnuts
Week 12: For the Love of Oats – Pumpkin
Week 11: Trying to Heal – Sweet Potatoes
Week 10: The Inner Workings of a College Graduate – Eggplant
Week 9: Itzy’s Kitchen – Pears
Week 8: The Fitnessista – Cranberries
Week 7: Tri to Cook – Lentils
Week 6: Rhodey Girl Tests – Polenta
Week 5: Eating Bender – Butternut Squash
Week 4: Care to Eat – Apples
Week 3: On a Lobster Placemat – Mushrooms
Week 2: Hangry Pants – Tomatoes
Week 1: sportsnutritionliving – Quinoa
So….this week’s Blogger Secret Ingredient is… Maple Syrup!
For a little inspiration, here’s how I’ve used maple syrup on the blog:
How are you going to use it?
How to win/ things to note for this week’s BSI:
- Think outside of the box!
- Please e-mail me when you post your BSI recipe on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, send me your recipe and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The BSI winner will receive a small prize!
- You have until Sunday, November 8st at 9 PM EST to enter.
Recipes will be posted on Monday morning along with the winner! I hope you have fun coming up with fun recipes, and enjoy some tasty food along the way!