If you’ve been reading Savvy Eats for the last few weeks, you may have noticed a change in the content here. Slowly but steadily, I’ve been transferring the blog & all of its associated pages and social media accounts over to a new focus, and the change is finally complete!
Moving forward, Savvy Eats will be all about food storage and preservation, as well as recipes to help you use up the foods you’ve preserved. This is the place to turn to when you want to:
- Can some DIY maraschino cherries or strawberry balsamic & black pepper preserves.
- Make your own frozen taquitos or waffles instead of buying them from the grocery store.
- Learn how to store your muffins and quick breads so the tops don’t get all mushy.
- Store all that extra basil you bought at the market before it goes bad.
- Use up the strawberry jam you made this spring in grilled cheese, flavored whipped cream or glazed chicken wings.
I hope you’re just as excited about this transition as I am. If there are any topics related to food storage, canning, or using your preserves that you’d like to see me cover, please let me know in the comments section or by email (savvyjulie *at* gmail *dot* com)!