When Heather asked me what I was bringing to share to this weekend’s party, I had no idea what to say. Naturally. Because you know how great I am at making decisions.
Everytime I thought I knew what I was going to bring, I’d find out that someone else was already bringing something similar.
Suddenly, I landed on the idea of bringing a snack instead of a side dish, something that people could graze on throughout the night. This flavorful and bold mix was a hit this weekend!
Though it takes an hour to bake, this snack mix takes essentially no effort at all, so you can get things done while it cooks.
- 3 c cheese crackers (I used Cheez-Its)
- 3 c pretzels
- 3 c cereal squares (I used Corn Chex)
- 6 T olive oil
- 3 T balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 T salt
- 2 T cheese powder ( I used this one from King Arthur Flour, but popcorn flavoring or finely grated cheese would work too)
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 250F.
- Pour the crackers, pretzels and cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients except for the Parmesan together. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to coat. Be gentle so that you don't crush all the cereal!
- Pour the snack mix into a 9x13" greased baking pan. Bake at 250F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the snack mix to paper towels to dry, and sprinkle with the cheese.