Happy National Cheesecake Day!
I’ve teamed up with more than 60 other bloggers so that we can bring you a whole slew of cheesecakes and cheesecake-flavored goodies today. I’m not sure how you’re going to decide which ones to make first – I know I’m having trouble deciding! But I’m going to put in a vote that you try this chocolate-covered strawberry cheesecake ASAP for a few reasons:
1. First of all, it is made with strawberry jam. Unlike some fruit-flavored cheesecakes, where the flavor is so subtle that it gets lost among the crust and other filling ingredients, you can really taste the strawberries here.
2. Chocolate cookie crust on the bottom, chocolate ganache on the top. Enough said.
3. As a kid, I hated cheesecake. Chocolate and fruit cheesecakes like this one are what won me over, and now I’m an equal opportunity cheesecake lover.
So, let’s celebrate! Go make a cheesecake for tonight – if the weather is unusually brisk near you like it is here, you won’t mind the hour of oven time. If it is hot and humid, there are plenty of no-bake options for you, not to mention some beverages and frozen treats!
This cheesecake gets its strawberry flavor from strawberry jam. Between the fruity filling, chocolate cookie crust and chocolate ganache on top, the cake tastes just like a chocolate-covered strawberry! To mix it up, try making it with a cherry or blueberry jam instead!
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 7 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a springform pan (bottom and sides) well, and wrap the outside of the pan in aluminum foil. This will keep water from your water bath from leaking into your cheesecake!
- Stir the cookie crumbs and butter together, and press them into an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Bake at 325F for 12 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until completely smooth.
- If your jam has big pieces of fruit in it, puree it for a few seconds in a small food processor or blender so that there aren't any lumps. Beat in the jam, cream, cornstarch, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- With the mixer running on low, add the eggs, one at a time. Stop mixing as soon as the last egg is incorporated - overbeating will make your cheesecake a lot less airy, and more prone to cracking!
- Pour the filling into the baked crust, place the springform pan into a rimmed baking sheet. Pour water into the baking sheet to create a water bath, and bake the cheesecake at 325F for 50-55 minutes. The cheesecake is done when the edges are beginning to pull away from the pan, and just an inch or two area in the middle is a little jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door open to allow the cheesecake to slowly cool for one hour.
- Move the springform pan to a wire rack to cool completely overnight.
- In the morning, pour the chocolate into a bowl and bring the cream to a bare simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until the ganache is smooth.
- Spoon the ganache over the cheesecake, and smooth it out so that the entire top is covered. Refrigerate to allow the ganache to firm up, at least 30 minutes.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Check out all these other amazing cheesecake recipes from my fellow bloggers, too. So many to choose from!
Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
Mini Cheesecakes with a Toasted Coconut Crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles