Who doesn’t love granola? Crunchy, rich and sweet, it beats out regular cereal any morning of the week. I love making my own because it gives me complete control over what goes into it, and it is so easy to switch up the flavor each and every time! I love the tropical coconut and tart cherries in this version.
- 5 c. rolled oats (NOT quick-cooking!)
- 1 c. almonds
- 4 T. flax seeds
- 1/2 c. agave nectar
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 3/4 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 c. dried cherries, unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the oats, almonds, and flax seeds in a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Combine the maple syrup, agave nectar, and peanut butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until ingredients are well-blended. It looks kind of gross, but it will get prettier later. Promise.
- Keep cooking and stirring. When it gets nice and bubbly like this,
- remove from heat and pour over the oats mixture. Stir well until all the dry ingredients are coated.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Add the cherries and coconut.
- Stir well, then bake for another 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
No, your milk will not look pink. Unless, that is, your apartment has awful lighting like mine does!
Looking for another delicious breakfast recipe? Check out my breakfast quinoa balls! (Bonus: they are both vegan and gluten-free!)