Welcome to December. Bring on the holiday spirit! We’re pulling all the decorations out of storage and decking the halls today. Per tradition, we’ll be drinking some hot chocolate while we do it, and then watching White Christmas under the glow of our Christmas lights.
This holiday season, I’m all about DIY gifts again. This isn’t anything new, really. If you were here last year, you might remember the DIY popcorn seasonings box, hot cocoa/hot chocolate/homemade marshmallows pack, cranberry mustard, lemon-lime marmalade and maple cream I made for my 2012 holiday gifts.
This year, I have some more fabulous things lined up to share with you. There are some new DIY food gift kits in the works, plus some infused sugars and salts, homemade biscotti, and more.
But I’m not just sticking with food gifts for my holiday presents for 2013: I’m also branching out and supporting some of my favorite artists and local small businesses as well. I’m not going to give away all of my secrets (I’d spoil the surprise for all my friends and family!), but I will say that I’m loving:
- bama+ry for stamped jewelry
- one canoe two for letter stamped stationary, journals and calendars
- wit & whistle & Julie Ann Art for holiday cards
- A Heirloom for creative cutting boards
- Julia E Dean for pottery (made here in Ithaca!)
- roundabout design for jewelry (again, made in Ithaca)
- Elise Joy for creative supplies
- Pop Art Press for pop culture prints and cards
I’m so excited to repeat our old holiday traditions and start some new ones this month. Happy holidays – let’s celebrate the season!