Here are some of my life necessities lately: Clementines for quick fruit goodness. Cute notebooks and a pen on hand at all times. Beautiful cookbooks.
Good tortillas — the fresh fluffy ones, not the papery-thin ones in the same case as the shredded cheese. Time in the evenings to relax with Dan and the pup. Painted nails– I tend to leave my cuticles alone if my nails look nice.
At least two books — one I’m reading, and one “on deck.” Pentel RSVP fine point pens. Index cards. A good night’s sleep. At least one side salad a day. Preferably with fun add-ins like blood oranges or sliced fennel.
This salad pairs well with my roasted chicken with a mango tangerine glaze. In fact, you can replace the salad dressing with the glaze.
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 2 blood oranges
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved
- White balsamic vinegar (I used this mango balsamic)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Thinly slice the fennel bulbs, then cut the slices into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and segment the blood oranges. Cut each segment in half crosswise to make them closer to bite-sized.
- Toss the fennel, oranges and arugula with the Parmesan. Dress with the balsamic and olive oil, to taste.
Make Ahead and Storage
If you anticipate having leftovers, don't dress the salad until it is on the plates. Cover the undressed leftovers and refrigerate to avoid soggy salad.
Refrigerate the orange peels to candy them later.