I’m finally on winter break… it feels so good to be done!
Our final exams week always ends on December 23, and I have somehow had a final on the 23rd Every. Single. Year.
But, now I’m done and back at my parents’ house in Minnesota. And it is the last year I will have school (or at least undergrad) getting in the way of the holiday spirit…
Since school took over my life in the past week, I have so many things to get you all caught up on! But first, doesn’t Annie just look adorable in her pink Christmas sweater?
Congratulations to my favorite graduate! Dan is officially done with his undergrad degree now.
Have you entered my Tomato Mountain giveaway yet? You have until Saturday, December 26.
Remember my 14 Days of Yoga challenge?
I didn’t make it to 9 classes over the 14 days, but I did go to SEVEN of them. I actually wanted to go to more, but my aching muscles wouldn’t have any of that. If there was a class that focused a little less on strength, I probably would have gone on those days.
I felt so refreshed and calm after the ‘flow’ classes. Don’t think I was quite ready for the one Bikram class, hydration-wise, though!
Yoga has now become my go-to exercise. When I’m stressed, or sore, or want to do some strength-training, I pull out the yoga podcasts or videos. I recently signed up for Yogavibes, so I’ll have access to five full-length classes a month.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ll keep running (which I’m hoping to get back into this week… I’ve had a few weeks off now!), and biking, and doing some weights routines and Pilates, but I am now officially a yoga-convert!
Whitney is one of the sweetest bloggers ever.
She is sending me one of her adorable gingerbread & cocoa gifts, just because. How sweet is that? Thanks, Whitney!
Did you see my Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 event, Cooking for College Students? It was so much fun!
Phew, that was a lot of happenings!
What can you look forward to in the next few weeks?
- 2009: A Year in Review
- Ten in 2010 … my goals for the year of 2010!
- The rest of the Brain Food 101 Wheat Flour series. For real.
- Now that I have some time to actually do some research and testing, I’ll be able to get some more articles written for Just Eat It: Brain Food 101 (finally, right?) Any requests on what I cover first?
- MORE giveaways to ring in the new year!
- Pictures of Ithaca and our new apartment, as my dad and I help Dan move in next month.
- News on our honeymoon plans, which are entirely focus on food and fitness!