First up, Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Coconut Lotion!
Let’s take a look at the ingredients list, shall we?
Skin Deep doesn’t list this product exactly, but most of Mountain Ocean’s products score very low. Instead, let’s look at each ingredient individually:
- Purified Water-If this one poses a health hazard, we’re all in trouble!
- Coconut Oil, Aloe Juice, Hybrid Safflower Oil, and Sorbitol – all low hazard
- Stearic Acid – low to moderate hazard
- Behentrimonium Methosulfate is just a surfactant, so it keeps the oils and water from separating. Low hazard.
- Cetearyl Alcohol is basically an emulsifier for coconut oil. Low hazard.
- Emulsifying Wax- low hazard
- Dimethicone – low to moderate hazard
- Phenoxyethanol is a preservative. Moderate hazard.
- Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate is an antistatic agent. Low hazard.
- Dicetyldimonium Chloride is another emulsifier and surfactant. Low hazard.
- Lanolin Alcohol – low to moderate hazard
- Benzethonium Chloride is a preservative and antimicrobial. Moderate hazard.
- Fragrance – HIGH hazard
All in all, Mountain Ocean Skin Trip looks pretty good from a health and safety standpoint!
The lotion is a lot more runny than what I’m used to. When I think of super-moisturizing lotions, I tend to think of something more thick and creamy. But, the fact that this one is thinner actually works for it. It soaks in much more quickly, so my hands aren’t as sticky.
I like the coconut smell of the lotion. It makes me feel so tropical, which will be nice in the cold Wisconsin winter! However, it does have an underlying smell that I’m not as big a fan of. The best word I can think of to describe it is… rubbery?
Since I’ve started using this lotion on Wednesday, my hands have felt extra-smooth and haven’t been chapped at all. And most importantly, my skin hasn’t broken out, turned red, or gotten itchy from it.
Product 1 of Project Natural Glow, then, is a success!
I give Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Coconut Lotion an A-, just because of the rubbery smell. I love everything else about it!
Do you have any natural beauty products you love?