After reading Angela’s ’10 in 2010‘ post, I decided that I should do one of my own. There are a lot of life changes coming up for me in 2010!
My top 10 goals/plans for 2010 are:
1. Graduate on May 15, 2010. This will be me next semester:
2. Get married on May 30, 2010.
May is going to be an insane month. Seriously.
3. Move from Madison, WI to Ithaca, NY in early June, 2010. Our apartment will be the second floor of this building.
4. Run my first half marathon (the Disney Princess Half Marathon on March 7). I’m all signed up and ready to go! Running with Kelley, Amanda, Katie, and some of Katie’s friends, followed by a 4-day Disney Cruise.
Blogger meet-up that weekend is in the works… stay tuned!
Anybody else running this race?
5. Bike through Italy. More details to come, but I will say we are planning to spend 8 days biking in Italy starting on September 30!
6. Write more of my “Just Eat It: Brain Food 101” articles. The science + writing combo is perfect for me, and I can’t wait until I’ve graduated and have more time to devote to the research that goes into each article!
7. Learn more about wine. I enjoy wine, but I really don’t know anything about it. The food scientist in me can’t accept that, so I need to pick up some wine knowledge! Suggestions on the best way to do this? Tastings? Any particular books or classes that would help?
8. Keep our new apartment clean and organized. A new apartment means a new start. We’ll be getting rid of a lot of ‘stuff’, clearing out old papers, and decorating our apartment to get it to full potential. I’ve started reading lots of home improvement, DIY, and interior design blogs for inspiration!
9. Get published! If I want to pursue food writing, I need to start getting articles published in magazines, newsletters, and websites. My goal is to have at least 5 published articles by the end of 2010.
10. Become a better ‘yogini.’ I’m loving yoga, and am toying with the idea of becoming a trained yoga teacher. Before I get to that point, though, I need to improve my personal yoga practice! I hope to do more yoga, take more classes, and learn more about it in 2010!
And for good measure, let’s throw in two more.
11. Attend a blogger conference. I’d love to go to the Healthy Living Summit or the Foodbuzz Festival, among others.
12. Find a volunteer organization that is a good fit for me. After May, I won’t have student organizations providing me with boatloads of volunteer opportunities. I want to find an org in Ithaca to volunteer with that means a lot to me!
So there you go, my 10 12 biggest goals for 2010. It is going to be a busy year, that’s for sure!
What are your goals for the new year?
And, if you haven’t seen it yet, check out Meghan’s Friday Foodie Feature — I’m this week’s featured foodie!