This meal is a stand-by in our apartment. We always have the noodles and sauce ingredients in our pantry or fridge. It has a great balance of protein, veggies, and healthy fat. Enjoy!
- 2 quarts water
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 6 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 2-3 medium carrots)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package of extra-firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Bring 2 qt of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add noodles. Allow to cook for 6-8 minutes, or until soft. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, lemon juice, agave nectar and peanut butter. Whisk until fully blended. Set aside.
- Heat 1 T. canola oil in a large skillet or stock pot. Add broccoli and carrots, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Add tofu and cook until heated through.
- Add noodles and sauce. Stir so that everything is coated with peanut sauce.
- Serve and top with cilantro and peanuts.