This is one of those “people are coming over in 10 minutes and I have no food to serve them” appetizers.
Or a “I really don’t feel like cooking tonight” entrees.
All you need is some tortillas, pesto and cheese. Dan likes it best with feta cheese, I preferred it with Parmesan and a touch of cheddar. I imagine it would also be delicious with goat cheese.
Just spread the pesto on half a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and fold in half. Cook on the griddle or a panini press just like you would any other quesadilla.
Though this recipe calls for feta cheese, it also works well with grated Parmesan or creamy goat cheese.
- 1 6-inch ('fajita-sized') flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 ounce feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Spread the pesto on half of the tortilla and top with the cheese.
- Pour the oil onto a griddle and heat over medium-low. Fold the tortilla in half and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned. Cut into halves or quarters.