This morning, I….
Have songs from Smash stuck in my head. Right now, it is “The 20th Century Fox Mambo.”
Am feeling a little burnt out from working most of the weekend. So I’m determined to take a 20-minute reading break for myself.
Will start packing for New York City and IACP.
Will be super-productive so that I don’t have to worry about as much work while in NYC later this week.
Am looking adoringly at the cute little travel pouch I sewed myself this weekend.
Am sleepy. Chai tea here I come!
Can’t decide between going to a Pilates class or practicing on my own at home today.
Wish it weren’t so chilly and windy and grey out. So I’ll dream about grilling.
When it is too early for a summery grill complete with hot dogs and hamburgers, corn on the cob or kabobs, make this springy mixed grill instead. If you don't have baby potatoes, scrub and slice some Yukon gold potatoes to toss in olive oil and grill instead.
- 3 cups baby potatoes
- 1/2 large head green cabbage
- 4 links Italian sausage
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Line the grill with aluminum foil to keep any cabbage or potatoes from falling through the rack, leaving a few inches at each side uncovered. Preheat the grill to medium-low.
- Toss the potatoes with a little olive oil.
- Slice the cabbage into bite-sized pieces and toss with some olive oil. Season both the potatoes and cabbage with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on one half of the foil and the cabbage on the other half. Line the sausages up on the edges, where there is no foil.
- Grill, turning everything occasionally so that it cooks evenly, until the sausages are browned and cooked through, the potatoes are tender and the cabbage is beginning to caramelize.