Thanks for all your great tea suggestions… I have quite the list of teas to try now. Keep ‘em coming!
Today is such a sunshine-y, happy day!
The Little Things #10
Ten Little Things that are making me happy today:
1. I saw the Sports Med doctor this morning, and… Good News! It really is my IT band that is causing problems, so there is no need for surgery… hooray!
Instead, I need to take another 2 weeks of rest, though I can do some easy cycling or jogging occasionally to see how it feels. If it is still bothering me at that point, I will need to go in for a cortisone shot because there is a bit of bursitis there.
I HATE needles (ie: I’ve passed out/nearly passed out during my last 3 blood tests…eeek!), but if it means I can cycle and run again, I will suck it up and get the cortisone shot if I need to!
2. Even though I can’t do any big runs or bike rides yet, I can still do Pilates, yoga, and strength train!
3. Spring is coming to Madison. It has been sunny and in the 60s all week… I went to class without a coat today!
4. Green Monsters are back in my life. I missed these big, green, nutrient-packed smoothies while I was out of town.
5. My mom was super-nice, and bought me a new dress for Fitbloggin’. Thanks, Mom!!
6. I am leaving for Fitbloggin‘ the day after tomorrow.
7. Since our tasting, our wedding caterer has changed their menu for 2010. But we just got the new menu, and some of our favorite dishes are still being offered! So, to any wedding guests who are reading this, you can still look forward to:
Because the menu changed, I have to go to another tasting to replace the missing menu items. Rough life, right?
8. Spaghetti squash with roasted broccoli makes an excellent lunch!
9. I discovered a new fruit… the Plum Lemon! Apparently they are quite hard to find, but I saw them at the new grocery store on campus the other day, and had to try them. Aren’t they so pretty? They were bright yellow when I bought them, and have ripened into this nice red-orange color. They look like little hearts!
They taste great, too. Like a sweet plum with a hint of tang.
10. Next week’s episode of LOST looks like it will be AMAZING. This season is so good!
So there you have it, the 10 little things (Okay, #1 is kind of a big thing) that are making me happy today.
What is making YOU happy today?