Happy Friday, everyone! Today seems like a good day for a ‘Little Things’ post, don’t you think?
The Little Things making me happy this week:
1. The kitchen is finally organized the way I like it (post of tips and tricks to come next week).
2. I love our display shelf for some of my favorite dishes.
3. In the past 3 days, I got in 62 miles of cycling: 30 miles on Tuesday and 32 miles yesterday.
4. I’ve taken to riding to work with Dan on my long-ride days, then continuing on after we get to his office. It gets me up and out on the road early, and I have his encouragement for the first 7.5 miles… the toughest section of the ride!
5. Both of my rides went really well. I felt strong and energized. Except for the part where I pulled into our driveway yesterday, couldn’t get my shoe clipped out from my pedal, and wiped out. Which brings me to….
6. Aside from a few surface scratches, my bike is fine. And aside from an ugly gash on my knee, so am I.
7. I got my notes from all of my Food Science classes neatly organized so that I can more easily refer to them when writing freelance articles or Brain Food posts. Don’t the binders look pretty?
8. I accepted a freelance writing position yesterday!
10. Our cherry tomatoes are coming in, and taste delicious! So delicious, in fact, that they never make it outside of the garden plot…I eat them on the spot.
11. We’ll be eating our first home-grown watermelon this weekend!
What little things are making you happy today?