So often, we get caught up in our day to day routines and forget to appreciate the little things in life. In my Little Things series, I like to honor the details that are making me happy today, and ask you to do the same!
The Little Things making me happy today are…
1. Pumpkin Chai Tea in my Disney mug. We received a pair of Mr and Mrs Disney mugs from Dan’s Florida cousins for our wedding.
2. I somehow lost my pair of stud earrings, so I went to Target to get a new pair for Italy — dangly earrings get in the way of my bike helmet! Low and behold, I found a set of 3 pairs of nickel-free earrings for $8. A dangly pair + a stud pair + these adorable bicycle earrings! How cute are they?
3. I smile every time I walk by our wine rack. I’m so proud of our DIY project!
4. It is SO sunny today, so there is a lot of light coming into the office through our bay window–love it!
5. It is Thursday. Thursday is my favorite day. All my favorite shows are on, plus I have a scheduled gchat date with Kelley every week (though we had to cancel tonight ), and a gchat date with Heather!
6. We leave for Italy in 5 days. Enough said.
7. The USA Today article that I was quoted in yesterday. Yep, that is still making me grin today!
8. The upcoming addition to Savvy Eats — “The Little Things: Reader Submissions” page! But before I launch the page, I need your submissions. Send me a photo of one of the “little things” making you happy today, along with a short note. You do NOT have to be a blogger to take part, but if you have a blog, I will link back to you. Send your submissions to email@example.com, with “The Little Things” as the subject line!
What little things are making you happy today?