“For today, love the little things. Eat well. Be kind to people.” –Sign in Clerkenwell, where we got a few drinks before dinner on New Year’s Eve.
So often, we get caught up in our day to day routines and forget to appreciate the little things in life. In my Little Things series, I like to honor the details that are making me happy today, and ask you to do the same!
A sick day is the perfect time to appreciate the little things in life, don’t you think?
The Little Things making me happy today are…
1. New pens. I love Pentel’s RSVP Fine Line pens. Love, love, love. They write smoothly and don’t dry out quickly. I used them all through college, but was down to 1 navy blue pen (my least favorite) and can’t find them ANYWHERE near here. So I ordered some on Monday, and they arrived yesterday. Now, not only is my pen holder restocked, but I have a few new colors to play with.
2. Notebooks. While I am the queen of spreadsheets and virtual to-do lists, sometimes I just need to write things out by hand. I especially love notebooks that I can fit in my purse or coat pocket.
3. New photo station. We rearranged some of our furniture to make room for our Christmas tree, and decided we liked things better in the new set-up. So now I have a table set up in the office for food photos. It isn’t completely set up yet (I want to add some props and a better way to put up backdrops, etc), but it is a start!
5. Savvy Blog Services has taken off! THANK YOU for all your support thus far.
6. Reader emails. I love being contacted by my readers
7. Tomorrow night’s special announcement. It’s a secret, but here’s a hint: I’ll be crossing one big item off my 101 in 1001 list!
What Little Things are making you happy today? And any guesses on which item will be the first one completed on my 101 in 1001 list?
You can be a part of “The Little Things: Reader Submissions”page! Send me a photo of one of the “little things” making you happy today, along with a short note. You do NOT have to be a blogger to take part, but if you have a blog, I will link back to you. Send your posts to me at email@example.com
If you’ve submitted your own “Little Things” post, or simply support the series, consider adding this badge to your blog!
INSERT THIS CODE INTO A TEXT WIDGET:
<div align=”center”> <a href=”http://www.savvyeat.com/category/reader-submissions-the-little-things-2/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/savvyeat/IMG_4505-1.jpg” /></a> </div>