It has been far too long since I wrote a “Little Things” post, but I’m back with #7!
For this award, I am supposed to share 10 things that make me happy, do at least one of them today, and pass it on to 10 other bloggers.
And so, I give you: Ten Little (or Not So Little) Things That Make Me Happy.
- Spending time with Dan. Since Dan is moving to Ithaca next week, and I’ll still be in Wisconsin finishing up school, we’re trying to get in some extra quality time this week.
- Talking to my mom on the phone. Whether I’m having a bad day or a great day, I love talking to my mom on a regular basis.
- Cooking & baking. Today, I created what may be my favorite baked good ever. It is getting sent out as a present to a few bloggers, so I can’t reveal what it is yet. But the recipe will be going up soon, I promise!
- A good cookbook. I love finding cookbooks filled with beautiful pictures and great recipes. I have several that I got as holiday gifts that I am eager to review for you!
- Reading. Dan has figured out that we should only go to Barnes and Noble if he feels like spending a long time there. I love browsing through the books (cooking-specific or otherwise), and could spend hours in a bookstore. In fact, I have.
- Spending time with friends and family. I’m still close to several of my high school friends, and look forward to seeing them whenever we get to be in the same city. And I’ve made so many wonderful friends in college through SWE!
- Yoga. I feel so relaxed and refreshed after a good yoga session. For me, it is a better stress reliever than cardio workouts, because it makes me feel centered and calm.
- Savvy Eats. I love being able to share my recipes, meals, reviews and daily happenings with you, in addition to my “Just Eat It: Brain Food 101″ series!
- Grocery Shopping. That sounds weird, but I’m serious. I love finding new foods to experiment with!
- Reading blogs. I have made so many friends in the few short months since I’ve started blogging. I love our online community, and want to meet more of you in person!
And with that, I pass this on to:
- Heather at Then Heather Said
- Jessica at How Sweet It Is
- Lindsey at Sound Eats
- Megan at MegaNerd Runs
- Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point
- Angela at Oh She Glows
- Jenn at Eating Bender
- Courtney at Hungry Yogini
- Ryan at Greens for Good
- Ashley at Healthy Ashley
What little (or not so little) thing make you happy today?