As promised, my eats for today:
My Best Green Monster yet!
- 2 1/2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 1/2 c. apple cider
- 2 c. vanilla soy milk
- 6 frozen strawberries
The vanilla soy milk made this taste like a milkshake! I’m hoping to work my way up to more greens, less liquid, but I’m still new to the Green Monster scene.
Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa (my camera ate the picture )
Kale chips. Very burnt ones. Blech!
I ate them anyways so as to not waste veggies, but then I needed something sweet to cut the bitter burnt taste. Enter:
Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. Yum! I’ll be experimenting with baking with these soon…stay tuned!
November 2009: Ramping It Up
It appears that November is challenge-month in the blog world, and I’ve decided to join several of them!
But first, what about my October challenge, Eat.Sweat.Blog ? I made it! Barely. And the website says I didn’t. I’m determined to do better on my November challenges!
Challenge #1: Lindsey’s Give and Feel Good challenge. This one actually started last week, and so far I’m doing pretty good! I cleaned the apartment while Dan was out of town, volunteered twice this weekend, and sent a random gift to a fellow blogger who was having a bad day. I’ve figured out that when I am in a bad mood, doing something nice for others makes me feel so much happier!
Challenge #2: Caitlin and Bobbi’s Pile on the Miles challenge. How many miles can we run/walk in November? As a new runner, I by no means expect to be the person with the highest number of miles, but it will be super motivating to participate!
1) At least 5 servings of vegetable servings per day
2) Two servings of fruit per day
3) Lots of water in the form of Sencha green tea or lemon water
4) Two green monsters a day (one in the AM and one in the PM to beat night time snacking)
5) Devote time to Meal planning/cooking
6) Have sit down meals. No more eating on the fly simply because I am busy. This one doesn’t work for me, because I am often on campus from 11 or noon until 6 or 7 pm!
8.) Re-introduce cardio sweat sessions DAILY!
9) Rise early to get cardio in before work school- stop leaving it for night time! Minimum 30 minutes
10) Lunch time yoga (either Crunch yoga or p90X) 20-40 minutes over lunch Pilates/yoga every day
11) Reintroduce resistance exercises like core work
So far, I’ve done strength training today. I finally bought 10 pound weights yesterday!
While I’m making dinner, I plan to bike on my trainer and do some Pilates/yoga. I found out about the challenge too late today to work out in the morning!
I’m way pumped for these challenges. I have not been keeping up with my training plan lately! I don’t feel too bad about it, though; my body was begging for rest last week, so taking a week off was exactly what I needed. I feel so refreshed this morning!
Do you have a holiday challenge you’re participating in? Want to join me in any of the ones I am doing?