Take some time for yourself today. Paint your nails. Go for a walk outside. Curl up on the porch with a magazine or book (nothing work related!). Go to that Pilates or yoga class you’ve been meaning to try out.
Finish your sewing project. Paint with watercolors. Go for a long bike ride.
Take some time for yourself today. Don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of time to do so and get dinner on the table if you make something quick and healthy like this quinoa.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes (see notes)
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Put the quinoa in a medium saucepan and pour the stock on top. Cover and bring to a boil, then uncover and reduce to a simmer until the stock is mostly absorbed.
- Stir in the tomatoes and feta. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, to taste.
Make Ahead and Storage
For this recipe, I defrosted tomatoes that I slow-roasted and then froze this summer. If you don't have these, you can also drain some canned roasted tomatoes and use them instead.