Welcome to the second annual Brunch Week, hosted by Terri of Love and Confections and Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen! We have 32 bloggers bringing you their best brunch game from May 5th-11th. From cocktails to eggs benedict to donuts, there is something for everyone this week. Our amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for a gigantic giveaway as well. Please visit them all for more information.
Though tortilla espanola is a great brunch dish, it can also be cut into smaller pieces to make a nice little appetizer or tapas at your next dinner party. Either way, it is a great dish for entertaining that takes very little time to cook.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pound red potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a 8" oven-safe skillet. You can use a 10" or even 12" skillet, but know that your tortilla espanola will end up very thin and more difficult to slice.
- Add the potatoes and onion to the skillet, flipping and stirring so that they are coated by the oil. Fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and beginning to brown.
- Remove the potatoes and onions to a paper towel to soak up some of the oil, and reduce the heat to low.
- Whisk the eggs with the salt in a small bowl.
- Return the potatoes and onions to the skillet, and pour the eggs over the top. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes, shaking the skillet occasionally so the eggs don't stick to the bottom. After a few minutes, the eggs should be browning on the bottom.
- Slide the skillet into the oven and turn the broiler on high. Broil for 3-4 minutes, or until the top of the tortilla espanola is cooked through and browned.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Check out what everyone else made for brunch today! Beverages:
- Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Corn Souffle from Hungry Couple
- Croque Madame Muffins from Cooking in Stilettos
- Fajita Vegetable Quesadillas with Eggs and Avocado Hollandaise from Sarcastic Cooking
- Bacon, Cheddar, Zucchini Quiche from The Kitchen Prep
- Tortilla Espanola from Savvy Eats
Breads and Grains:
- Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Busy Bee’s Granola from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Dipped Banana Hazelnut Pancake Kebabs from Food Faith Fitness
- Springtime Sweet Rolls from Eat Your Heart Out
- 10 Minute English Muffin Cream Cheese Danish from Neighborfood
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Real Housemoms
- Apple Croissants from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fig and Oatmeal Breakfast Bar from My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Fruits, Vegetables, Sides:
- Roasted Beet Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese from Healthy. Delicious.
- Caramelized Onion, Apple and Gruyere Bites from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Savory Truffles from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Orange Marmalade Pound Cake from Love and Confections
- Hazelnut-Blackberry Cottage Pudding from The Vintage Cook
- Surprise Inside Orange Pound Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Strawberry Hazelnut Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream from The Spiffy Cookie
Don’t forget to enter the #BrunchWeek giveaway – there are a ton of awesome prizes for you to win! Find more information and enter here. A huge thank you to all our amazing #BrunchWeek sponsors. Please follow these lovely folks on their social media sites:
Psst: California Walnuts, Bob’s Red Mill, Oxo, Dixie Crystals, Whole Foods Market Doctor Phillips, Grimmway Farms, Woot Froot, Vidalia Onion, Baloian Farms, Stemilt and Bonne Maman are providing the prizes for the giveaway free of charge. I have received product related to these brands to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions stated are my own.