A few years ago, my good friend Kari came home to Minnesota for a visit. She had moved to LA about a year previously, so we had a lot of catching up to do. She told me about her yoga instructor, Mandy Ingber, and how much she loved her classes. It was more challenging and dynamic than the typical yoga class, she said.
That would be Kari next to me in the navy.
Of course, at the time we didn’t know about vinyasa yoga, so ‘yoga’ to us involved holding the same pose for a long time with very little movement. We know better now.
Kari informed me that not only was her yoga instructor Jennifer Aniston’s yoga instructor as well, but she was coming out with a DVD. She wasn’t sure when it would come out, but said she’d keep me in the loop. Lo and behold, I got the DVD from Dan for my last birthday.
- Leaves me shaking at the end of each exercise.
- I am sore the next day in the ‘I finished a hard workout’ way.
- Mandy gives great direction on what your alignment should be for each pose.
- No special equipment needed.
- Has a ‘music only’ option you can use once you know the workout.
- Too much focus on how your butt, legs, etc will look after the workout. I’d rather focus on feeling strong than on how my body looks.
- Easier options are offered for several of the exercises, but often not until after a full set has been completed.
Overall, I’d give this DVD a B+. Not a huge fan of the language within the DVD, but I definitely enjoy (and am challenged by) the workout!